Alan Perriman: proper noun. 1. artist. Clumsy, indecisive and very, very good.
Alan is currently based in a studio in Staines on Thames in Surrey, England. Until recently, landscape painting has formed the core of his practice.
- Educated at UCA Farnham (then known as SIAD)
- Group shows around Surrey, London & Los Angeles
- One solo show at Farnham Maltings
Interlude – during which I had proper jobs and grew up
- Returned to painting in 2013
- Shown work with No Naked Walls, Obsidian Gallery, Exhibit Here and the Henley Festival
- Group and open shows in London and throughout SE England
- Artist in Residence at Sulgrave Manor, Northamptonshire
- Solo exhibition at Royal Holloway, University of London as part of the Magna Carta 800th anniversary festival
I may have appeared to have slowed down over the last 12 months, but I haven’t. I have been working on a substantial project which may turn out to be important or may turn out to be nothing more than an out of control ego. I have taken my approach of building up a comprehensive portrait of a place by depicting it in multiple, self-contained fragments and glimpses and used it to explore the conflict in Iraq and Syria. The work is now sufficiently progressed that I am beginning to look for a venue or curator to bring it to the public. I am also working on a series of substantial skycapes for an exciting partnership I will announce in due course.
My studio is a disused function room above a pub. I share it with a photographer by the name of Kelly. You’re more than welcome to visit; just please make an appointment first. We let drawing groups and classes use the space from time to time for a nominal fee. I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org